Thursday, April 1, 2010

One of the perks...

...of being known as a pin lady: free pins!!!

I work in an office with many women and most of them notice my pins--usually enough to tell me about their great aunt's collection or upcoming garage sales.

Not long ago one of my coworkers handed me a plastic baggie filled with a collection of gorgeous pins. A relative of hers had passed away and no one in the family was interested in claiming the pins--apparently she rescued them from being tossed!















I made a point to wear them and thank her again (and again!)--how thoughtful! What a great perk of being known as the pin lady!


The two in this last shot are my favorite of the bunch. I included the butterfly because it was part of the set... but ooof, the only butterfly pins I own have been gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment