Thursday, October 21, 2010

Our friend, the moth.

I mentioned in a previous post that I have a strong dislike for butterfly imagery (the dreaded butterfly--dun, dun, duunnn!)... yeah, don't like it at all. It's lame and prissy. Nothing against the actual insect--just the imagery... Barf.



Now, to clarify... I do like moths. Moths are gorgeous with just the right amount of creepy mixed in...


And some look like rabbits... another plus....



I have yet to find moth jewelry when I go to antique stores... so I'm not sure what's out there as far as moth-paraphernalia... the few I found online don't fit in my "don't buy anything" budget. Bummer.

Here's a few things I found online...

These two fall in the "bunny-moth" category.


The gold-dipped moth should be a bunny-moth, but isn't for some reason. Not cute enough?


Mothman Prophecy anyone? Too creepy.

The shoulder-percher is from the etsy shop: BlueTerracotta (very nice!)


No comments:

Post a Comment